World Vision Foundation Romania, as beneficiary, together with its implementing partners: Novapolis Association – Center for Analysis and Initiatives for Development – Partner 1 and Centre for Civic Resources Association – Partner 2 announce the launching of the project „INTEGRATION+: Services and assistance for migrants in Region 2”.
The overall objective of the project is to provide support services (social, medical, psychological, legal, etc.) that are adapted and adequate to the specific needs of beneficiaries of international protection (BP) and third-country nationals (TCNs) legally residing in Romania by supporting the social integration process and by consolidating the capacity of relevant actors and the inter-agency cooperation.
The project has a duration of 12 months and is funded through the National Program – Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (Contract reference number: FAMI/ 15.03.02) managed in Romania by the Ministry of Internal Affairs – Nonrefundable External Funds Directorate, as the Responsible Authority, and General Inspectorate for Immigration, as Contracting Authority. The project has a total value of 1.469.247,47 ron.
The project aims to provide integrated services through the Regional Integration Centres (CRI) and to support the cooperation between institutions, embassies, consulates, media, communities of foreigners, stakeholders and non-governmental organizations to promote and conduct activities for the integration of foreigners, BP and TCNs, in Region 2 (CRCPSA Galati) in the following counties: Galati, Vrancea, Bacau, Vaslui, Braila, Tulcea and Constanta.
The main activities of the project include:
- the inauguration of 2 Regional Integration Centres in Galati and Constanta and an working spot in Vaslui
- organizing events for promoting the project and its results and elaborating and dissemination of promotional materials translated into 7 representative languages
- developing partnerships and support networks of local actors involved in the integration process
- training of responsible authorities and other relevant actors involved in the integration process of BP and TCNs
- creating and developing a network of intercultural mediators and volunteers
- target group identification, recruiting and registration
- delivering assistance services for beneficiaries of a form of protection and TCNs from the implementation counties: informing and psycho-social counseling, legal assistance, Romanian language courses, organizing orientation and cultural adaptation sessions, socio-cultural activities, recreational and special sessions of breaking cultural barriers in the TCNs and BP communities and material assistance to TCNs and BP with special needs, facilitating access to healthcare and educational services for children, professional mediation and facilitating access to the labour market.
Through its activities the project provides assistance and integration services and aims to improve the situation of the two target groups, BP and TCNs, which represent groups of persons with many social problems, especially for the newly-arrived in Romania, related with not knowing the customs and the Romanian language, limited access and integration in the labor market for most of them, the lack of material and financial means of living, lack of opportunities for socialization, fewer opportunities to access the health system and the education system.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Narcisa Alexe, PR and Event Specialist – Novapolis Association, tel. 0766.304.610, email@example.com